3.09.2009

we finish, to begin.


I overheard someone say this simple, yet profound statement the other day, and it literally stopped me in my tracks (or should I say... gave me something to ponder before ordering my regular Starbucks drink : )


we finish. to begin.


In the past few months, I have realized more than ever, that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. cliche, yes. but oh so true. If I wasn't one of the 40 or so people at D to be laid-off, then I wouldn't have grown, changed, laughed, and cried for the incredible reasons and experiences that have filled my each and every day since then.


I would never have thought that I would be nannying for two of the most precious and loving children I know. I wouldn't have been able to fly home for the weekend to take care of my little brother and spend extra quality time with my family. I wouldn't have been able to wake up at 9:00 AM (yes...that's late for me) or go for a run in the middle of the day. I wouldn't be able to drive to Fort Worth to visit with friends and enjoy a long, deep conversation. I could go on forever and ever with all of the little things that have not only FILLED my life, but FULFILLED my life. and for that, I am forever grateful for finish lines. to know that I finished one thing, in order to start something else, meet new people, challenge myself even more, and begin the next chapter of my own storybook of life.


each of us struggle with something for one reason or another, and the state of our economy is not making it any easier. but I think that these four words offer so much hope and comfort. I know they did for me, and I hope they do for you too.


we finish, to begin.


cheers to new beginnings, to each new day, to a fresh start.


.to a beautiful life.


No comments: